This afternoon I will be at the church to rehearse with the choir. One Sunday each December the choir presents a cantata or concert. My role is to write and read the commentary that connects the musical selections to each other. I have my manuscript in hand and will head into town soon.
One complication is the weather. We are on the edge of a cold front with precipitation. It is not clear if we will have rain, snow, or ice tonight. We can live with everything but the ice. The temperature now ( 2 p.m.) is just above freezing.
Yesterday Jean and I made a shopping trip to Parkersburg, West Virginia. That is about 40 miles east of here. As we crossed the Ohio River we were amazed to see thousands of dead trees and other debris that has been carried from smaller streams into the big river.
The shopping trip was a success. My finds included several books. I also purchased new eyeglasses. They will arrive in a week. We also found more Christmas gifts for the family. It was a good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment