Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fall Start-up

I am writing this the day before our fall start-up at the church. I had a rough August, with a prolonged cold and allegies that affected my breathing. For the past week I have been back at full strength for the first time. I am feeling the pressure of completing many of the tasks I was able to do only half-heartedly during the last weeks of August.

The sermon title for tomorrow is "Deliverance" and it is based on the Passover story and the beginning of the escape of Israel from Egypt in the book of Exodus. We also have communion tomorrow, so the sermon text and the service fit together nicely.

Tonight I hope to do a lot of writing and preparation for tomorrow. I spent a number of hours this week repairing the church's new website. Those who designed it never finished the last part of the project, and I was feeling embarrassed for the church at the sad state of the website. I want to feel proud of what we do, and I sometimes find it easier to jump in and do things than to have the prolonged discussions with people necessary to get a task completed. This is the time of year when people use the website to decide if they will give us a visit on Sunday.

I am slowing doing yard work that was not handled when I was feeling ill. It is great to have the little yard tractor that cuts most of the grass so quickly.

Dad Netherwood (Jean's father) is celebrating his 96th birthday on September 8th. Many family members gathered in Williamstown, Massachusetts, to be with him. We were represented by Jonathan, Emily, and Samuel. After two great granddaughters, Dad is meeting his first great grandson. Reports are that all the family are having a wonderful visit.

No comments: