For the past couple months I have gone through a series of small but irritating health issues -- chest infection, rash, root canal. I almost hate to mention the specifics because I hate it when people talk about their physical problems too much. I do appreciate the way in which a bunch of small things can wear a person down. That is why I am so grateful to be feeling good once again.
Spring has arrived fully now in southeastern Ohio. I have cut the lawn twice already, and there may need to be another cut in the middle of the coming week. I am enjoying being outside, and I have taken the time on several occasions to sit quietly and just look at things in the yard.
I also am enjoying some of the hobbies and interests I have had in the past. A church member with technical expertise has helped totally renovate the church website. You can see it at athensfpc.org. Some of the technology is new to me (videos and RSS feeds) and I have a reason to learn more about websites. I have been a big fan of podcasts (technology and religion) for some time, and I am doing more reading on that technology as well.
There are a hundred little things that make life wonderful. I am trying to make a little time in life to enjoy them. So I have made a couple extra trips to electronics stores to see what is new and to purchase items that will help us with the website at the church and the recordings of Sunday services. There are some useful results from these activities, and I am having a lot of fun in the process. God is gracious and life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment