Monday, May 18, 2009

Alabama Here We Come

By the middle of next week we will be driving to Alabama for the wedding of Kacey and David. This is a very happy event for which we have been waiting. The wedding will be on Saturday, May 30th. What a lot of fun for all of us. Our families will be well represented and we will get to meet Kacey's Mom and family also.

On the home front I am making a good recovery from a season of illnesses, allergies (as in "I itch") and a root canal. I navigated bravely through that season of adversity and managed to keep the lawn from getting totally out of control. Today I have been working in both the church and home offices, fighting piles of papers that are trying to take over my life.

I am also thinking about starting an actual website for myself. I now have a church blog, a friends and family blog, and some involvement in Twitter and Facebook. I have investigated a fancier phone that would go on the internet. The new website is the most attractive idea. If I move ahead with it I will tell you about it.

I have been following the Shuttle trip to make repairs on the Hubble Telescope. The Hubble pictures of space are among the most amazing photos ever taken. If all goes well we will have more wonderful images for the next several years. What an amazing universe!

No comments: