What happened is that I did a lot of things that I wanted to do, especially for family. We keep up a steady conversation with Kacey and David in Alabama. Their marriage is off to a good start and they are having some good trips and holidays together -- some with and some without Holland and Hope. We still talk with Mom and Dad Seitz almost every evening. And I have made two trips to Chicago since the Alabama wedding at the beginning of the summer. One trip was a quick on just to see them for a couple days. Earlier this month I stayed with them while I attended the Willow Creek Leadership Summit. Both of these were good times with them and other family members. Jean and I are planning to visit Des Plaines the second week of October.
Jonathan, Emily, and Samuel arrived safely in Taiwan and are settling into their new home. We met them at a motel near the Columbus Airport last Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning they caught their plane. The trip had three legs and took almost a full day of planes and airports. Apparently everyone handled it well. We were amazed to receive a Skype call on our computer only a few hours after they arrived in Taiwan. Jonathan has several blogs and websites running now. One is seitzseeing.com -- now in early stages of development. A blog about the family is found at http://smallbabybigworld.blogspot.com/
I am thinking about starting a couple websites in the coming months, one for my own interests and another for the entire Seitz family. I have reserved the domain names craigseitz.net and seitzfamily.net -- I am not sure exactly where I will have them hosted. If anyone has suggestions for these projects (especially the seitzfamily.net one) please let me know.
Jean and I are celebrating our 42nd anniversary today. I am a lucky man. Jean has helped and encouraged me to pursue my hopes and dreams over the years, and I am very happy at this stage in life. We went out to lunch together, and we may go out again tonight for dinner.
This weekend we will be visited by Lynn , one of Jean's dear friends. Lynn, a Navy chaplain has been stationed in Germany the last two years. She has been working with service people injured in the Middle East conflicts. We are grateful that there are kind faithful people like her to look after those who have faced hard times. At this stage in life, friends are especially precious to us, and we look forward to a good visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment