When the Ohio University Students leave town Athens sometimes feels like a ghost town. Then the local people emerge and there are a few people out and around. Many regular activities at the church stop for the entire summer, others just for the month of July. It is a good change.
I am using the time to work in my office so I can catch up on unfiled papers and unfinished tasks. We have finished attending a very happy wedding for Kacey and David in Alabama. Emily and Jonathan are almost moved out of their apartment in New Jersey. Much of their stuff is on its way to Taipei, Taiwan. After several weeks of orientation during July they will be ready to begin their work as mission co-workers. Jonathan, Emily, and Samuel will head to Taiwan in mid-August. We are excited about their new positions.
I am using the summer to have a number of routine but necessary physical exams and tests. Some of these are the "once every five years" tests that insure I am taking care of my health. I am hoping also to get some projects done around the house and yard. The rain has been heavy this spring and we have a bumper crop of grass. My little red tractor makes things easier to handle.
With the exception of a few short trips, one for me to Chicago next week, we will be home until August. The changed summer routine is good. I hope you are enjoying your summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment